R30 000 – R35 000
Our client, a significant forwarding and global logistics company in SA is looking for a Freight Forwarding Manager to join their team in Durban.
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with overseas countries’ regulations and fiscal regimes
- Offering consolidation services by air, sea and road, ensuring cost-effective and secure solutions to small shippers who have insufficient cargo to require their own dedicated units
- Liaising with third parties to move goods (by road, rail, air or sea) in accordance with customer requirements
- Investigating and planning the most appropriate route for a shipment, taking account of the perishable or hazardous nature of the goods, cost, transit time and security
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight.
- Arranging insurance and assisting the client in the event of a claim
- Arranging appropriate packing, taking account of climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods and cost, and the delivery and warehousing of goods at their final destination
- Negotiating contracts, rates and handling costs
- Arranging air transport for urgent and high-value freight and managing the risk door to door
- Arranging charters for large volume, out-of-gauge or project movements by air and sea
- Negotiating freight rates by air and sea freight with agents to ensure the customer gets the best service and best prices
- Dealing with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargoes, such as livestock, food and medical supplies
- Arranging courier and specialist hand-carry services
- Working closely with customers, colleagues and third parties to ensure smooth operations to deadlines
- Maintaining communication and control through all phases
- Offering tailored IT solutions and electronic data interchange (EDI) connections
- Utilising e-commerce, internet technology and satellite systems to enable real-time tracking of goods
- At more senior levels, the role may also involve managing staff and overseeing activities within a department or specialising in a particular area, such as sea freight or air freight.
- Provide management team with monthly stats and customer feedback report.
- Hold regular meetings with staff and report back to management.
- Ensure that staff act on instructions timeously and correct instructions are sent to the relevant parties.
- Ensure that cargo is delivered on time and reports are updated daily.
- Reporting to customers must be submitted schedule.
Relevant Tertiary qualification would be an added advantage
5-7 years’ experience in a Clearing and Forwarding company
5-7 years management experience
Ref No. CH0152