R70 000 – R80 000
Remote – SA
Top national Financial Services Company is looking for a Cloud (AWS) Engineer to join their growing team.
The candidate will work within the DevOps team designing, implementing, and maintaining cloud systems.
- Work with various stakeholders to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Design and Implement strategies for gathering metrics and monitoring systems that will allow teams to proactively resolve issues before there is an impact on the Business
- Provide guidance and mentorship to development teams to build cloud knowledge
- Coach and train developers on best practices that help them become more efficient
- Find opportunities to remove repetitive and/or error prone tasks via automation
- Ensure critical systems have a redundancy plan in place
- Ensure that the provisioned systems are being utilised efficiently to maximise the efficiency and capacity of the systems and meet business requirements
- Assist development teams taking their code through the DevOps Lifecycle via multiple development environments to Production
- Continuous optimization and improvement to existing processes, systems and infrastructure.
- Exercise technical consistency within the IT environment.
- Demonstrate culture of individual leadership and development and exhibit progressive attitude to technology and career
- A BSc Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, a BComm Business Information Systems (BIS) Degree, or a very high quality Technikon Diploma.
- 3+ years of work experience with cloud technologies
- Strong AWS experience + SysOps or DevOps certification
- Experience in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management tools (ALM)
- Experience with various development & scripting languages:
- Experience with administration of Linux and associated technologies
- Experience with deploying and managing applications in the cloud
- Experience implementing SDLC automation and testing using Git based repositories
- Experience with collaboration & development tools such as:
- SCM – Git distributed source control, Subversion
- Build – GitLab, Jenkins, Huddson
- Deploy – Octopus, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Terraform, Rundeck
Aligned to values and self-development
- Align personal values to the company’s culture and values.
- Take responsibility for your personal development and career path
- Subscribe to the company’s code of ethics
- Manage your behavior to enhance the reputation and brand of your department and the company at all times
- Comply with all legislation governing the organisation
- Support and encourage the Amazing service culture
The candidate will need to meet these minimum requirements and may also be expected to write and pass a .net Development test to be considered for the position.
Ref No: KJ0568