CAPE TOWN – SOUTHERN SUBURBS
R60 000 – R80 000
Our client, an international Healthcare Software house and non-profit organisation is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their cutting edge,
agile development team. You will be working on multiple projects amongst a large team of Developers who use only the best technologies.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in production enterprise environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with an agile team to develop, test, support and maintain all software that the team is responsible for.
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Performing code review of team member’s code and solution design.
- Analysing, resolving and creating technical solutions for novel problems in the health domain.
- Adhering to and promoting the following of software development best practices
- Mentorship of other software engineers
Required skills & experience
- Solid understanding of web technologies and protocols
- Experience with development in Node.js and its ecosystem
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database development
- Experience as a Senior Level software engineer with the ability to take ownership of software deliverables and work unsupervised by other senior developers within the team.
- Excellent coding skills and understanding of software design patterns and architecture
- Use of Agile development practices
- Ability to take ownership of software deliverables and work unsupervised by senior developers
- Responsibility for risk management of the overall software product
Beneficial skills & experience
- Information Technology or Computer Science Degree (or equivalent)
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS and Digital Ocean etc
- Experience with Ansible and Docker
- Extensive experience in developing using an OOP language, advantageous
- Experience in the public health sector and previous software development work with Electronic Health Record systems, advantageous