R40 000 – R50 000
Our client in Durban is looking for a skilled Design Engineer to join their team.
Hardware design engineer, responsible for the design, testing, optimisation and implementation of all RF Engineering, including all documentation and regulatory compliance.
- Evaluation of Customer specifications and Product performance spec.
- Draw up the relevant Design Specifications and feasibility studies as defined in the design process.
- Ensure that all documentation relevant to the design project as specified in the Design control sheets are completed.
- Perform the tasks associated with the project lead of the projects assigned.
- Ensure that the appropriate embedded design processes are in place to enable effective development.
- Ensure that the design processes are applied appropriately and adhered to.
- Ensure that the embedded software coding is performed to company norms and specifications, including all documentation and code reviews.
- Ensure all software is stored on the relevant code repository.
- Documentation and flow charts pertaining to the software.
- Participate in software peer reviews (of own and others software).
- Software coding in accordance with the company norms and specifications.
- The actual electronic design & theoretical analysis & modelling of the design.
- Sourcing and identification of components, including the evaluation of new technologies.
- PCB, using external contractors as required and approved.
- Draw up the specification, design and manufacture production tests
- Tasks specifically pertaining to technology advancements in this aspect:
- The formulation of a solution based on new technologies in collaboration with other team members.
- Ensuring solutions are effectively implemented in future new projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree / BTech / NDip in Engineering
- 5 – 10 years relevant work experience
- Hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Solid programming experience in C or C++
- Experience in embedded systems design with pre-emptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Excellent knowledge of coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills