CENTURY CITY – CAPE TOWN
R60 000 – R70 000
The largest independently owned IT Services Company in South Africa is looking to fill the role of a Principal Data Platform Consultant within their BI and Data Science Division in Cape Town.
- Minimum of 5 years solid hands-on experience in Microsoft SQL Server DBMS solution architecture, design and implementation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Microsoft SQL Server (MDS and DQS)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Microsoft SQL Server Architecture designs
- Knowledge of the MS BI Suite (SSRS, SSIS, and SSAS) would be beneficial
- A solid understanding of the Microsoft SQL DBMS and TSQL
- Experience in implementing SQL Server Hybrid Cloud solutions
- Experience with Azure Stretch DB, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure DocumentDB, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Experience and solid understanding of Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server clustering (AlwaysOn Availability Groups and AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances)
- Experience in SQL environment migrations, consolidation and optimisation
- Experience in SQL troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience and solid knowledge of indexes, index management and index statistics
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience in building automated maintenance plans
- Experience in capacity planning
- Good understanding of functionality within different Microsoft SQL Server editions and versions
- Good understanding of Microsoft SQL Licensing models.
Key Performance Areas:
- Microsoft Data Platform Solution Architecture
- Microsoft Data Platform Problem Solving
- Database Management, Administration and Support
- MCSE: Data Platform (SQL 2012/2014) or
- MCSE: Data Management and Analytics (SQL 2016)
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (70-473 Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions)
- BSc Computer Science / BCom Informatics or Information Systems (Preferred / Advantage) or Equivalent Experience.