R35 000 – R40 000
Our client, an international Software and BI Consultancy in Durban is looking for a Mobile Applications Developer (IOS / Android) to join their skilled team. You will initially be responsible for the migration of the current mobile Android Apps and converting them into iOS using Xamarin. Thereafter, you will be responsible for the design and development of new Application screens and templates. This will involve multiple stages, including prototyping and design all the way through to final solution development. Requirements include: Advanced experience in either Android app development and/or iOS app development, Web services experience, SQL – Database design, queries and reporting.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the App team on Android and iOS applications
- Assist in the coding of front-end application functionality
- Work with various design teams to provide rapid prototyping functionality within the business
- Involvement in creating new App functionality alongside maintenance of existing functionality
- Liaise and communicate with multiple teams of designers, developers, testers, business analysts, project managers and other stakeholders.
- Work with team on mobile (responsive) web site development alongside desktop web site development.
- Explore ways to constantly improve quality of existing services, processes and systems in order to be more efficient.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ year’s solid mobile application development experience within Android and IOS using Xamarin
- Bachelor’s or degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field advantageous
- 5 years’+ work experience as a Software Engineer
- Advanced experience in either Android app development and/or iOS app development.
- Web app development
- Web services experience
- SQL – Database design, queries, reporting
- Enterprise Messaging Bus architectures
- Good understanding of project management principles and SDLC
- Excellent SQL and database design skills