R65 000 – R70 000
Our client is a leading Financial Services and Sales Corporate that is looking for a Data Scientist to join their BI and Data Team.
You will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of a data strategy for the group. The data strategy must ensure that all data resources are positioned in such a way that they can be used, shared and transferred easily and efficiently in and across the organisation and organisational systems. In line with this, the data scientist must advise the business on data potential, develop and deliver insights to inform the overarching strategy and mission of the group, as well as create solutions which enable enhanced business performance. This will be done using advanced statistical analysis, data mining and data visualising techniques.
Specifically, the role will support more effective data profiling and predictive model generation for high conversion sales lead generation as well as sophisticated analysis and modelling capabilities for critical and complex business issues which span the entire business operation.
- A bachelor’s degree in applied statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics or related science, technology, engineering or mathematical field is essential.
- 3+ years of successful experience in analytics, data science and/or business intelligence with a proven track record working in a fast-paced and complex business environment and involved with direct marketing, lead generation, customer profiling and predictive modelling, ability to translate business problems into data solution designs of varying complexities.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Substantial knowledge of and experience in working with Big Data platforms and complex data warehouse environments.
- Experience and proficiency in the application of one or more of the following languages and tools: SQL, SAS, R Python, Power BI, MS Office and data visualisation tools.
- Substantial knowledge of and experience in applying advanced quantitative techniques or econometrics, using current and relevant technologies including machine learning.