R50 000 – R60 000 (Depending on experience)
Our client, one of the largest world-renowned companies that specialise in international courier services, offering a multi-modal solution encompassing air, sea, road and rail is looking for a New Business Development Manager to join their team in Cape Town. The successful candidate will need progressive sales executive experience and will need to be able to demonstrate record of sales growth in a clearing and forwarding industry.
Personality and Attributes
- Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional work ethic
- Dogmatic & passionate about winning new business
- Customer service orientation – Able to handle a demanding customer environment.
- Have advanced written and verbal English communication skills.
- Have decision making, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Be action and results orientated.
- Be presentable and a team player.
- Facilitate processing of credit application.
- Implement the strategy for meeting sales performance targets.
- Cost freight movements and prepare service estimates when required.
- Interface with existing strategic customers to solidify mutual expectations of performance and growth.
- Maintain and update client record information.
- Provide quarterly results assessments of sales activities.
- Acquire new business as well as continued expansion among existing clients.
- Open business development dialogs with strategic customers.
- Comply with the requirements of the quality management system.
- 3 years Sales and Marketing related qualification at NQF Level 5
- Progressive sales executive experience
- Solid 5-year sales track record within clearing and forwarding
- Strong Consultative selling Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Have a comprehensive understanding of sales and marketing principles.
- Have good knowledge of international trade principles.
- Understand Air and Sea freight forwarding practices and procedures.
- Min 5 years of progressive sales executive experience and a demonstrated record of sales growth for 2 years’ in clearing & forwarding industry.
- Have knowledge of the local trading market, Inco terms.
- Understand tariff calculation concepts.