R50 000 – R55 000
Durban, Johannesburg, Cape Town
Our client, a dynamic international freight and logistics company with extensive nation- and worldwide presence is looking for experienced Business Development Manager to join their team. The successful candidate MUST HAVE at least 5 years’ Freight Forwarding and Clearing industry experience, with a proven sales track record.
- Grade 12
- Bcom logistics would be preferable
- 5+ years Sales experience in freight forwarding and clearing (MUST)
- Proven track record of success
- Excellent client orientation
- Excellent negotiation skills
- The ability to generate sales leads and close deals
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Target driven
- The ability to operate within senior management/board level
- Building customer loyalty: Effectively meeting customer needs and building productive customer relationships
- Customer Focus: Developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas in a manner that engages the audience
- Follow up: Monitoring the results of assignments
- Initiating action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives
- Managing work (including time management): Effective managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
New business Development:
- Focus on development of New Business Revenue growth through prospecting, qualifying and closing the deal.
- Prepare tenders, reports, presentations, Approve rates for types of customers.
- Generate and follow up on qualified leads in line with company specific requirements
- Analyse clients’ needs and propose specific solutions and close the deal
- Ensure continuous follow-up by the Sales Team on pending clients
- Manage and retain client relationships on all levels and provide a professional service including of after- sales service, client enquiries and regular follow ups.
Sales Targets and Admin:
- Exceed sales objective of assigned targets by promoting and selling all WorldNet services through professional sales targets.
- Ensure consistent achievement of all relevant product/monthly targets.
- Manage all relevant internal administrative processes
- Attend all meetings.
- Learn new products knowledge and acquire improved selling skills and communicate to the Sales Team
- Keep abreast of competition services and Markets
- Ensure effective and ongoing communication between the Sales Teams and supporting departments within the Company at all levels
- Respond and assist on all Sales department queries as communicated by the Sales Team.
Ensure effective communication with colleagues